August 2017 Recipe of the Month: No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
In the hot month of August the last thing you want to do is turn your oven on. But that doesn’t mean dessert should be forgotten!
This is why I have chosen a no-bake dessert recipe from the blog “Divas Can Cook”. Did I mention how simple it is to make!
- PIE CRUST
- 26 double stuffed oreos
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 0z) blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz cool whip
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 double stuffed Oreos, roughly chopped
- Garnish with extra Oreos, cool whip, and hot fudge
- To make the crust, add 26 Oreos to a food processor.
- Process until fine crumbs.
- Place crushed Oreos in a bowl and add melted butter.
- Stir until butter in combined.
- Press mixture evenly into a lightly greased deep dish pie plate.
- Freeze until set. About 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by creaming the cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy. (I bypassed this step by buying whipped cream cheese).
- Mix in cool whip.
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chopped Oreos.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Freeze for 3 hours.
- When ready to serve decorate the top of the pie with Oreos and cool whip if desired.
- Drizzle serving plates with hot fudge and place a slice of cheesecake on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Store in the fridge for a soft set pie or the freezer for a hard set pie. (I prefer freezer)
For a soft set pie, store in the fridge. For a hard-set pie with the texture of ice cream store in the freezer and let soften a little at room tempt. when ready to serve.