Baked Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
December seems to be one of the busiest months of the year, especially when you work retail.
A recipe that I found to be simple, delicious, and nutritious was the Baked Teriyaki Glazed Chicken from the blog “Life in the Lofthouse”.
I found a way to make this recipe even easier was to buy pre-made teriyaki sauce. There are many great ones out there but one of my favorites comes from Soy Vay: https://www.soyvay.com/
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4-6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine cornstarch, water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Stir mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles; about 10 minutes or so. Once sauce thickens remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish. Pour half of the sauce evenly over the chicken. Place dish in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and bake another 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with rice and veggies 🙂