Heart-Shaped Caprese Skewers
If you need a simple recipe to impress someone special on Valentine’s Day then this is the recipe for you!
Only 5 ingredients necessary:
Mini Mozzarella Balls
Fresh Basil Leaves
Good Quality Balsamic Vinegar
Good Quality Olive Oil
You will also need short skewers, a knife, and a cutting board (that’s it!)
I couldn’t find the smallest size mozzarella balls they make so I sliced mine in half to have a better ratio of cheese to tomato to basil.
- Start by slicing the mozzarella balls in half if they are larger.
- Slice the grape tomatoes diagonally. Flip one of the halves around to shape a heart.
- Skewer the grape tomato heart, one basil leaf, and half of a mozzarella ball.
- Repeat in any order you prefer till you have a full plate.
- Assemble in a single layer on a plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.