June’s Recipe of the Month has been created by yours truly!
I decided to showcase one of my favorite hot sauces that we sell.
This sauce is full of flavor without burning your taste buds off and it is produced locally here in Boulder Colorado.
I created chicken enchiladas with a Chiporro Cilantro Jalapeno enchilada sauce. The end result was an intense, smooth, and flavorful creation~
Slow Cooker Chicken:
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup diced white onion
Add all ingredients in a slow cooker (except for chicken) and mix.
Add chicken to the slow cooker.
Cook on low 8 hours. Remove chicken and shred into bite size pieces.
*If you wish to omit this step you can use a rotisserie chicken.*
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 12oz bag of Monterey shredded cheese
- 1 12oz bottle of Chiporro Cilantro Jalapeno Sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Prepare slow cooker chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Add bottle of Chiporro to a small sauce pan. Turn heat to medium low.
- Add 1/4 cup chicken broth to sauce pan with Chiporro.
- Stir until warmed through.
- Remove from heat once warmed.
- Set up assembly line to create the enchiladas:
- Fill corn tortilla with a large spoonful of chicken.
- Add a small spoonful of cheese.
- Roll up tortilla with the filling inside.
- Add enough enchilada sauce to the bottom of a baking pan to cover.
- Place tortilla roll ups in a baking dish (9×14) or two (7.5×11).
- Repeat until all the tortillas are used up.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the rolled up tortillas. Making sure to coat them all.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired.
Hope everyone enjoys this recipe and come back next month to check out July’s Recipe of the Month!