Christmas season was upon us and unfortunately that means that the “Recipe of the Month” blog was neglected! Because I didn’t have time to keep up with trying new recipes over the months of October and November I have decided to showcase a recipe I know to be amazing.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk, or more, as needed
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces Neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and garlic powder until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in cheeses until melted, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
I have made this recipe over 20 times and every time is turns out amazing! I add steamed broccoli or broccolini to mine to get some vegetables in my diet.
This recipe is flawless and especially simple if you get all your ingredients measured and set aside before hand.
100% must try!
You can find this recipe and all the other ones we have tried and have proven to be true online: