Knife 9 Bread Miyabi Birchwood
Top-of-the-line MIYABI Birchwood is a work of culinary art handcrafted in Seki, Japan. This 9-inch serrated bread knife will cut through bread, tomatoes, or anything else that’s tough on the outside but soft on the inside. Effortlessly slice through a crusty loaf of sourdough and make neat cubes of ciabatta with this long, serrated blade.
More than meets the eye, the potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protected by 100 layers of steel. MIYABI’s innovative, CRYODUR ice-hardening process locks in the blade’s long-lasting sharpness. Beneath its beautiful exterior, the flower Damascus pattern provides exceptional durability.
The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking and comfortable Karelian (Masur) Birch handle. A prized material for knife handles, Karelian Birch is also the only wood ever used in a Fabergé egg. Exquisite and ergonomic, MIYABI Birchwood knives feel as good as they look.
- SG2 micro-carbide powder steel blade for scalpel-like sharpness
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile with a 9.5° to 12° edge
- Hand-honed using the traditional Japanese three-step Honbazuke process
- Blade is CRYODUR ice-hardened to Rockwell 63 for long-lasting sharpness
- 101-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge is both beautiful and durable
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle with a rounded spine and heel
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan